January 24, 2013

37 weeks!




Since I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow, I figured I should get this post done today :) I am definitely feeling pregnant lately- which is kind of a surprise since, so far, pregnancy has been pretty easy going for me. I haven't had a lot of physical symptoms to deal with and have felt pretty great since we hit the second trimester. It feels like my body was coping really well until last week when all of a sudden, boom! I feel it. I am counting myself lucky, though, since feeling really pregnant for 3 weeks is so much easier to cope with than feeling really pregnant for 5 months! 

So many people have told me that by now I should be really sick of being pregnant but that's not really the case. I certainly feel bigger and I can tell that my body is approaching its capacity but otherwise, I'm not miserable and (at least at this point) am still perfectly fine with him hanging out in there for a little while longer. 

We're planning to spend these last couple of weeks getting the house clean, making sure everything is completely done in the nursery and relaxing with each other as much as possible. We're going to go out to a couple nice dinners at our favorite places in Athens, maybe make a really fancy meal at home one night, sleep in on the weekends and just enjoy each other's company :) I keep trying to think of a way to treat Nick for being such an amazing partner through this whole experience but I haven't decided what I want to do for him yet. Suggestions are welcome! :) 

Overall, I'm getting really excited to finally meet Alden. I catch myself thinking about the reality of him being here- being able to hold him, hear his noises, smell his hair- and realize that so much of a pregnancy is spent preparing for the physical changes, getting the house ready, prepping for delivery that now I'm just really enjoying the thought of having him here and a part of our family. I'm pretty sure he's going to be awesome :) 

STATS:

Foods I'm craving:  chocolate milk (super weird because I hate milk & am lactose intolerant), peanut butter and comfort foods like burgers and soup

Foods I can't stand:  Nothing really...

Symptoms:  Braxton Hicks like crazy (definitely painful and uncomfortable), some swelling in my feet at times and an itchy belly from the stretched skin and dry winter air

Maternity clothes: yep! 

Weddings rings (on/off): on

Favorite thing this week: Going to the midwife and hearing that everything was perfect and that as of now, "we're just waiting!" 


much love, L&N



No comments:

Post a Comment