January 23, 2014

New Year's teacher gifts

Just a quick post to share the little treats I made for Alden's teachers at school a few weeks ago.

Since we send New Year's cards instead of Christmas cards, I thought it would be fun to give Alden's teachers a New Year's gift also. Everyone brings gifts around the Christmas holiday and this way, we get to extend the cheer a little longer :)

I found these cute little snowman boxes at Wal-Mart when we were visiting my parents and thought they would be perfect for the little treat I had in mind. I made chocolate crinkle cookies and put some cocoa mix in each box and attached a little note that said, "A little treat to warm up your New Year!" I liked that the boxes were festive but not obviously Christmas and since we've had such cold weather lately, a little warm treat is surely welcome. The chocolate crinkle cookies look a little like they've been dusted by snow so I think they fit the theme well :)









It's important to me to send a little something to show all of his teachers how much we appreciate their time and love. During the week, Alden spends more (awake) time at school than he does at home and knowing that his teachers care about him and are invested in his growth is invaluable. I'm sure growing up with a teacher Mom has a little something to do with it as well ;)



Does it make me a complete weirdo that I'm excited for the years to come when I can find new, cute ways to say thank you to the teachers in our lives? :)

much love, L&N

No comments:

Post a Comment