August 14, 2012

nursery beginnings

Hi everyone!

So, being that I LOVE to decorate, I pretty much started brainstorming the nursery as soon as that little line showed up on the pregnancy test :) There are many unfinished projects around the house that we're hoping to get completely done before we really jump into getting the baby's room started but we have begun to make some initial decisions.

I wanted to post a couple photos of what we've found/decided on so far...

P.S. please excuse the poorly lit iPhone photos. I was snapping quick shots while I was cleaning and will have much better photos later!


The dark blue is the color we currently have in our office/future nursery so ignore that :) The two colors in the swatches are the final color choices for the walls of the nursery. They're really subtle and the photo is pretty poor quality so they don't read as well here but I LOVE them in person! One wall in the nursery will be these two colors in alternating horizontal stripes and the other three walls will be the darker shade to warm everything up. The colors are both Valspar National Trust for Historic Preservation colors, the lighter is Woodlawn Bedroom White and the darker is Woodrow Wilson Putty.

Here's another shot of the colors on their own...


Oh my, we'll definitely have to get better photos! Haha :)

I love to find one piece of fabric, a pillow, or a piece of art to use as inspiration for a room's color palette and for the nursery, I found an amazing blanket that was exactly what I had been imagining at IKEA.


It's a color block woven blanket that has one stripe each of battleship gray, olive green, cream, and light turquoise. My thoughts for now are that if it's a girl we'll use turquoise and yellows as the accent colors and if it's a boy we'll use greens and darker turquoise or oranges to accent the neutral walls.

We have already purchased the wood crib and dresser in a gorgeous gray-wash finish and are so excited to set them up in the room after the painting is done! Hopefully in the next couple months...

The first pieces I bought for the room are actually a small side table and storage basket that I fell in love with at HomeGoods. They are the exact vibe that I want the nursery to have and it makes it even better that I talked the table down to $36 after finding a ding in the wood!

Here are some photos:

I love everything about this basket! The copper finish, the imperfect construction and the modern industrial inspiration are exactly what we're looking for!
A rustic top and industrial legs= love at first sight!
The top is a very, very lightly whitewashed finish on light wood
So, the beginnings of the decor with much, much more to come!

much love, L&N


No comments:

Post a Comment