December 15, 2012

32 weeks & a big announcement!




We're in the home stretch now! Only 8 more weeks to go and still so much to get ready...we're feeling really good about how much "stuff" we have for the little guy (things like clothes, blankets, bathing necessities, etc.) but his nursery still isn't completely put together, we need to buy some more diapers, and I have a few projects that need finishing (like cloth wipes and making some more art for the walls). All of this while we finish up gift shopping/packing/shipping, get ready for family to visit for Christmas and, craziest of all, while I get prepared to....drum roll....START A NEW JOB! :)

Yep, you heard me- I got a job! Cue the fireworks because I'm gonna get a paycheck again, and that is a wonderful thing ;) I started job hunting in August after graduation and it was a long, long time before I started getting any bites. I interviewed for a position with a former professor in October and didn't get selected (bummer, but I wasn't honestly that excited about the position anyway so it worked out) and I had feelers out to all of my grad school connections to keep an eye out for anything that looked good. Finally, this past week I got calls for three separate interviews (well, technically four, but one is for a volunteer position that I'm coveting) and ended up getting an offer from the first interview I went on, which also happened to be the position I was most excited about. Talk about things working out :)

I will be the Grants Coordinator for the newly created Health Impact and Evaluation Research Center at the University of Georgia and I am very excited to be joining the team back at my Alma Mater (in the same department, no less!). The director of the Center is a former professor of mine and her graduate research assistants are former classmates. I'll have an office in the same hallway that I spent about a year and a half of my life walking down every day :) It makes me very happy to be able to go back to the Health Policy and Management department and know that I will be working with the wonderful people who inspired me so much during my time in graduate school. It also helps that I already know where all the office supplies and coffee is kept ;) I start on January 2nd and am all of a sudden in much more of a rush to GET THINGS DONE!

The rest of this weekend will be a whirlwind of craft projects, Christmas shopping, closet cleaning and baby gear organizing so that I can feel as relaxed as possible during my first few weeks of my new position. Cheers to the new year and all of the wonderful things it will bring!

Onto the stats...


STATS:

Foods I'm craving:  CANDY. and peanut butter. 

Foods I can't stand:  seafood still tastes a little off but mostly I can handle it

Symptoms:  insomnia, Braxton Hicks (so much more frequent now) and I've had some headaches. mostly it's just the usual 8-months-pregnant aches and discomfort.  

Maternity clothes: yep! 

Weddings rings (on/off): on

Favorite thing this week: Getting a job offer at a place I am excited to work and the prenatal massage I got this morning (thanks to Mom & Dad for the gift card!). Both are wonderful things! 

much love, L&N 

No comments:

Post a Comment