December 17, 2012

showered with love

 ...While our lives are thankfully moving along at a normal pace, there are 27 families whose lives were  ripped apart last Friday morning. I have no appropriate or sufficiently graceful things to say that will make such a horrible thing make sense or feel any less grotesque. All I can do, and all I am comfortable speaking about on the blog, is try my hardest to keep those who were affected in my thoughts and to help spread the word about how we can help. 

Here is a link to a blog post written by Roo (who lives only a few towns away from Newtown) at NiceGirlNotes with ways to send your support...


A couple of Sundays ago our wonderful friends threw us a baby shower! I know that Nick and I were overwhelmed with the outpouring of support and love that they showed to us and had a GREAT time celebrating with everyone who was there! 

I wanted to share some photos and say thank you to all of those who helped to make the afternoon so enjoyable :) 

the spread :) complete with elephant cupcake toppers, striped straws and elephants on the cups!

amazing handmade (from Etsy) banner that Kari graciously let us take home!

sweet tissue paper pom-poms that will now live in the nursery
ADORABLE little touches





the sweet blanket elephant that Katie made :)



the lovely hostesses :)
grad school brought us together :)

the men, who were very nice and put up with me forcing them to pose for a picture ;)

reading sweet cards...

and opening sweet gifts

friends :)



very grateful parents-to-be :) 
 Again, to everyone involved, we had such a great time and can't wait for all of you to meet Alden when he arrives! THANK YOU!

much love, L&N

No comments:

Post a Comment