May 11, 2013

mom.


My mama is awesome. She is my biggest cheerleader, my most supportive shoulder to cry on and, by far, one of my best friends in the whole world. I cannot imagine who I would be, both as a woman and as a mother, without the guidance and love that she has so selflessly given to me since the day I was born. She is the person I looked to when I was learning who I was and she helped guide me to where I am now. 


I always knew that she loved me and I always knew that she would have supported me through anything but since becoming a mother myself, I understand on a whole other level what it means to be someone's mother. I am so grateful for everything she did for me, all of the things she taught me and the many sacrifices she made for me.

three generations of mothers


In the short time that Alden has been here, I have learned what it means to mother someone. I know that, until Alden has his own children, he will never fully comprehend the unconditional, overwhelming love that his father and I have for him. I understand now exactly what it felt like for my mom to tell me, "I would do anything for you," and I just hope that I can be as wonderful of a mother to Alden as she was, and is, to me. 

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. Thanks for everything. I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment