May 13, 2013

my first mother's day

I had a wonderful first Mother's Day with my boys. We woke up late (well, late for a three month old), hung out at home for a little while and then went to brunch at a cafe, Heirloom, that we've been wanting to try for months. I had a spinach, mushroom and gouda quiche with local grits and a house-made biscuit (so yummy!) and Nick had the "Love on a Biscuit", which is a biscuit covered in a chicken stew (kind of like a chicken pot pie filling), topped with two poached eggs and fresh arugula (his was even more yummy than mine). One of the reasons we wanted to try Heirloom so bad is because it's owned by a chef who has been living and cooking in Athens for a while, so she understands the local food culture, and they are committed to cooking in a strictly farm-to-table style that only uses local/regional products. Even the yogurt they serve with their granola is from Atlanta (and it is delicious!). Everything from the chicken to the eggs, the arugula to the cheese is from local Athens farmers and providers. Great little place, super food and such a hometown, relaxed atmosphere. I'd love to go back on a Sunday afternoon and sit outside with my book and have a leisurely afternoon snack :)

such a cute little place!


great patio, and a bocce ball court on the other side :)


Love on a Biscuit

Spinach, mushroom and Gouda quiche

just relaxing with Dad, chewing on my burp cloth

baby boy :)


Then, we went to HomeGoods so that I could walk around and look at all the stuff for the house that I wanted :) I was planning a pedicure, too, but the baby needed to eat and take a nap so we went home early. (I'm going to make up for it today, though and go get my toes done before we pick Alden up from daycare- this is a big deal since I've been trying to find the time to get to the salon since before he was born!) We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing at home, talking to our Moms on the phone, and playing with Alden. I opened my sweet presents from my Mom and Mom-in-Law and we went grocery shopping, then picked up take out from Outback for dinner :) It was such a sweet day with all of my boys!

I hope all the other mothers out there had as relaxing and enjoyable of a day as I did! 

much love, L&N

No comments:

Post a Comment