November 2, 2013

24 hours in Baltimore

A couple weekends ago I went to Baltimore for a day for a conference.

Here are the things I learned:

-traveling while breastfeeding (without the baby) is a pain. but the airport, security, staff, etc. are really, really cool about helping you out

-traveling while on a dairy/soy elimination diet is exceptionally hellish. no snacks on the plane (soybean oil, blast you!), no Chick-Fil-A in the airport (wow, I really miss that chicken), and severely limited dining out options when away from home (though most places, including my hotel, the Hilton Baltimore, are very helpful and will go out of their way to make your meal work)

-FaceTime on iPhones is a fantastic invention. I got to wake up and see both of my boys' faces before spending the day at the conference. It was awesome :)

-Baltimore seems like a really cool place. I've already told Nick that we have to find some time to get back up there for at least a long weekend.

-my husband is amazing! He drove me to the airport (3 hours roundtrip), kept the dogs, the baby, and himself fed and happy, managed to keep Alden on some sort of schedule even though my travel times were crazy, had a fantastic Daddy-Son Day, and picked me up at the airport (another 3 hours roundtrip) all in less than 30 hours of time.

-I would prefer to go everywhere with my family :) A little time away is nice but experiencing new things and seeing a new place is so much better with my boys!

Nick is going to write a post about his first Daddy-Son Day but, for now, here are a few photos of my 24 hours in Baltimore.

Inner Harbor


















walking around Downtown




at Edgar Allen Poe's grave












looking into the Orioles stadium from my hotel room



my Sunday morning wake up call :) 

much love, L&N


No comments:

Post a Comment