November 10, 2012

27 weeks!



*a couple of things I would like you to ignore in the photo above: the fact that you can see the tag and my maternity tummy-panel jeans through the shirt & that my shirt is stretched pretty tight across the girls...didn't think to readjust before the photo : / 

It is amazing to me how fast a pregnancy flies by! At the beginning, you're all like, "Don't freak out, we have SO much time to get ready!" and by now it's turned into, "Crap, why don't we have more done?" and, "Wow, I can't believe how big I am. How can I possibly get bigger?" I joked with Nick yesterday that I wish a pregnancy could still last for 9 months but that you only had to get as big as I am now. haha! I feel gigantic and now I can physically feel the weight of my belly when I walk around, which is weird. I just keep reminding myself that bigger is better and that as long as I'm getting bigger, it means that he's getting stronger also. 

This past week I started having Braxton Hicks contractions for the first time and have had at least 3 per day ever since. They are very odd and they make me a little nervous, but I'm starting to get used to them and hopefully they won't be bothersome for much longer. Since they aren't painful they don't really prevent you from doing anything you would normally do, they just feel weird- kinda like someone replaced your baby with a rock for a minute (because your belly gets really hard during them and you all of a sudden feel pressure that you don't normally feel). I have been having some back pain that has been more intense than the typical end of the day achiness, mostly at night, but a lot of women start having back pain much earlier than this so I feel pretty lucky that I didn't seem to notice it until lately. 

It really is amazing to feel your body changing as your pregnancy progresses, such a reminder that our bodies are incredible machines with mind-boggling innate abilities. I mean, I'm growing. a. person. Still completely amazes me. 

and here are the stats...

STATS:

Foods I'm craving: again, SANDWICHES. Cold, not heated in the microwave, listeria-coated, meat-filled sandwiches. First meal post-listeria concerns, definitely a giant sandwich. 

Foods I can't stand:  I seem to be up for pretty much anything but I have noticed that what sounds good changes pretty quickly. If strawberries sound like manna from heaven one day, there's a good chance they'll sound disgusting the next day. 

Symptoms:  my skin is still crazy-town, my stomach gets full really fast so I have to eat less and more often, Braxton Hicks and super stuffy sinuses and ears

Maternity clothes: yep! 

Weddings rings (on/off): on

Favorite thing this week: Getting the fabric and new lamps for the nursery! I can't wait to get that room done-zo! 

much love, L&N



No comments:

Post a Comment