November 28, 2012

29 week update


Wow! 29 weeks already. Everything is going really smoothly lately. I'm feeling great (except for the back aches) and we're getting more and more done in the house to get ready for Alden's arrival. It's starting to feel like we actually might have a handle on the craziness that's about to happen. I know you can never be fully prepared for what having a new baby means but we're trying to make sure that we do everything we can to make sure our home and our lives are as prepared as possible. 

I remember soon after finding out I was pregnant thinking, "Weird, I'm going to be so pregnant for Thanksgiving and Christmas!" and feeling like it was so far away. Well, here we are...Thanksgiving already past and Christmas coming up right around the corner- I can't believe how fast it's gone! 

We have some exciting stuff coming up and I'm going to try and slow down and enjoy all of it :) Nick's birthday is in 6 days, the Athens Christmas parade, our sweet friends are throwing us a baby shower a few days after that, decorating the tree, finishing up the nursery, Nick's family coming into town for Christmas and then New Year's celebrations! After ringing in 2013 we'll only be about a month away from Alden's due date and I'm sure everything will fly by! 

Physically, this pregnancy has been pretty much by the book. I've had typical symptoms and haven't had any weird or worrisome problems up to this point. Our midwife is happy with how we're progressing and we're hoping for an equally unremarkable labor and delivery (apart from the wonder of bringing Alden into the world, of course). I can feel him bouncing around A LOT more now that he's starting to put on some weight and I've gotten to the point where I can't see my feet easily. My weight is still a little under where it should be but we'll get an update at Centering tonight as to whether our midwife is concerned or not. I'm pretty sure he's still growing as expected, I'm just not adding the pounds at the rate they say I should. Who knows, maybe I'll gain 15 pounds in the last 8 weeks or something crazy like that! So far, total weight gain for the pregnancy is sitting around 11 pounds- the "recommended" amount is 25-35 for someone of normal weight but I really don't see myself gaining another 14 pounds in only 10 weeks...well, maybe I just jinxed myself! Both my mom and my maternal grandmother gained about 18-19 pounds total for their pregnancies so I think it's just the way our family grows babies. As long as he's healthy, I'm fine with whatever comes my way :)

Here are the stats:


STATS:

Foods I'm craving: a lot of breads. and peanut butter. and cheeseburgers. and chocolate. 

Foods I can't stand:  still fighting the changing food moods- things that sound good one second sound horrible the next. it makes meal planning difficult...

Symptoms:  BACK PAIN, Braxton Hicks (especially when I get up too fast or move in a weird way), heartburn (returning after it's 4 month vacation) and generally feeling like a whale. 

Maternity clothes: yep! 

Weddings rings (on/off): on

Favorite thing this week: My parents visiting for Thanksgiving, crafting for the nursery (update soon!), and making our New Year's cards to send to family! 

much love, L&N

No comments:

Post a Comment